Sipdown, 124. I actually meant to grab a different sample pouch this morning, but my brain is somewhat addled from poor sleep last night, so this one it is. Another of my winnings from Teavivre’s latest fall oolong giveaway.

Apparently the last time I had this tea (probably a different harvest) I found it to be not very toasted in flavor, but this one seems more roasty in the aroma at least. It is sweet and toasty, reminding me a bit of floral honey on toast (because there is also an awesome honeyed sweeteness in this one). Didn’t get that last time… I wonder if it was my leaf to water ratio? I am packing the leaf a bit more these days, which I think is making a difference when it comes to these oolongs. I am for sure enjoying these toasty oolongs more… maybe it’s my palate changing, maybe it’s that I figured out my optimal brewing for them, maybe it’s the fall weather that’s back! Nice and cool, perfect for curling up with a cup of tea.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US