Sipdown, 123. This is an oolong that I haven’t yet tried from Teavivre, yay!

Wow, this one smells amazing! I guess I didn’t know quite what to expect, but yum. It smells like floral candy. Not just sugary, but like actual boiling sugar, with the slight hint of caramelization and everything. My mouth is watering!

It is less candied and more leafy in flavor, although there is certainly a lovely sweetness that lingers in the aftertaste. I do get a hint of a bite, although it is different from typical bitterness/astringency. It is a sharpess, almost spicy like arugala. I brewed it fairly strong, so the bite may be a factor of that as well. The beginning of the sip is buttery and slightly floral. I really like this one and find it more interesting than most Taiwanese high mountain oolongs that I have tried before. I may have to pick up more of this to play around with eventually. What can I say, I’m a sucker for sweet green oolongs with interesting layers of flavor.

K S

I’m with you. One of the reviews said this was nothing special and Teavivre calls it a beginner Taiwan oolong. I’m thinking did we have the same tea? Then I thought my palette just wasn’t sophisticated enough, and that may be partly true as I do enjoy several everyday teas. It is good to see someone else have the same reaction to this one.

Comments

K S

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US