Sipdown, 146. Thanks once again to Sil for this sample. ANother Taiwan black tea!

The leaf of this one has much fewer whole leaves in it, but the are there if you go digging through. I guess that’s probably a result of mechanically picking. The aroma is honeyed and fruity like apricot. It also has that fruity-black scent that I’m not really a fan of, but that is hard for me to articulate.

Fortunately, I enjoy the tea itself quite a bit! Who knows, maybe fruity Taiwanese black teas are growing on me. This is nicely sweet, slightly fruity, with a texture that is at once tangy and juicy as well as smooth and creamy. Not a hint of bitterness or astringency. Whatever that note I don’t usually like, well, it’s not that prominent in this one. I don’t love this one as much as the Sun Moon Lake I had previously, but it is quite delicious and I’m really glad I got to try it.

yep this was my least favourite of the bunch (ignoring the aged tea) but even as my least fav it was tasty!