drank Paul et Virginie by Dammann Freres
1941 tasting notes

I think it’s hilarious that Sil managed to send me a couple of Dammann teas that I haven’t tried yet, since it sometimes seems like I am the Dammann queen of Steepster. But I never grabbed this one, mostly because I am not big on cherry and it is one of the flavors here. Although it is almost a red-fruits blend, really, I guess just three instead of four.

Anyway, this smells lovely, as expected. Red fruits and caramel and vanilla… yum. There is a tartness to this that really reminds me of real cherries (not cherry flavoring) which I do enjoy. The caramel and vanilla are sweet and smooth, and as always I love the base blend. This reminds me of Mélange Vénitien, which is red fruits plus vanilla, but no caramel. I liked that blend but didn’t get a lot of vanilla, which is not a problem here. The caramel definitely bumps it up. If I was going to restock one I would restock this one, which is somewhat surprising to me but I guess I should know better by now. I always love Dammann!

YAAAAY! that makes me super happy :)