I ordered some Taiwanese black teas from this company after they posted a $20 coupon to the discussion boards, and after I tried some other Taiwanese blacks that I really liked.

So I brewed this to exact specifications provided, which was perhaps a higher tea to water ratio than I would normally. This one reminds me of the first Taiwanese black tea that I tried, rather than the recent ones. It’s a little flat, without a ton of flavor, honestly. It smells floral and a bit fruity. But no caramel, no chocolate, not really any honey. I’m not the biggest fan of naturally fruity/floral black teas for whatever reason. There’s also a bit of astringency here, but that may be related to the ratio.

I think I will try it with my usual ratio before I rate it. Interested to try the other blacks that I got as well.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US