Thanks to Teavivre for a sample of this tea. I am excited to try Teavivre’s new Taiwanese high mountain oolongs; this one I had a gongfu session with this afternoon.

The first steep was light and floral, slightly buttery and a hint of sugary sweetness. In the second and third steeps, more of the vegetal flavor came out, spinachy and generally leafy. Also the sweetness abated, leaving mostly floral and vegetal. As I have noticed with Taiwanese high mountain oolongs in the past, this is crisp and clean, without the really buttery and fruity notes that characterize tieguanyins. I tried each steep then dumped the remainder into one cup to drink later. It’s more floral and a touch sweeter when all are combined, but otherwise pretty similar to the individual steeps. This is a very nice example of these high mountain oolongs, nicely fresh and floral.

Also I had only one pack of this so sipdown, 137. Thanks again to Teavivre for the sample.

TeaVivre

This tea is grown in the area at the altitude of 2500 meters, in which the climate is cold and forests grow well. Thus the tea leaves carry a natural scent of flower and fruit. After brewed, the tea liquid is clean, bright and light, with high and strong floral aroma, refreshing and fragrant; has obvious sweet aftertaste and long-lasting flavor.

Comments

TeaVivre

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US