This one really walks the line of type of Taiwanese black tea that I like. Whatever that fruity-floral note that this type of tea has that turns my stomach sometimes, it’s present in this one, but the tea itself is soooo smooth. Normally that scent is associated with astringency in my mind, but not so with this one. I dunno what it is… just a scent that I don’t like. shrug Nevertheless, even though the scent of this one puts me on edge a bit, the flavor is great, so I get over it.

Bonnie

I love this brewed in a gaiwan even longer than recommended…and if you put the leaves in a dry hot gaiwan with the lid on for a minute, the aroma is like Belgian Waffles. This is the best leaf hopper tea I’ve ever tasted (first season) not sure, this is probably the second season…Not quite like the first, still wonderful though.

Dinosara

For sure it’s a great tea, but I’m discovering that leafhopper teas might not be to my taste in general. But you never know when that will change in the future!

Comments

Bonnie

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US