drank Snowflake by Georgia Tea Company

Hmmm. I’ve been sitting on this one for a while, in part because I had probably an ounce of it and I didn’t think I could make a dent in it during my recent sipdown-a-thon. Turns out I should have at least pulled it out because I think this one is going to get tossed now. I got in the scent but definitely in the taste… The coconut has spoiled. A common problem with coconut teas! Oh well, I’m not all that broken up about it, because this really wasn’t that great (to my tastes) in the first place.

K S

I did not know that about coconut teas. Ooops. I better do some digging.

Fjellrev

Stupid question, but does a soapy flavour indicate that the coconut has spoiled?

Dinosara

Hmmm I dunno, to me it comes across as kind of sour. But I think other people have noted soapiness for spoiled coconut oil. It definitely sucks!

Fjellrev

Ok cool. Yeah, I’ve read a lot of people complaining about coconut being soapy in tea, so was wondering if maybe it was because it went sour. I wonder if storing coconut teas in the fridge would help.

Comments

K S

I did not know that about coconut teas. Ooops. I better do some digging.

Dinosara

Fjellrev

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US