It seems like everyone has a peppermint bark tea this season, right? Although peppermint bark isn’t my favorite confection, I am happy to try Verdant’s offer. The dry leaf smells minty and very cinnamony… So much so that it made me sneeze!

My first cup is at Verdant’s steeping parameters, but I left the basket in the tea pot for the second cup to steep for however long. The first cup is mostly minty, and I don’t get a lot of the other flavors, especially at first. More of the chocolate comes out as it cools, but the one minute steep seems undeveloped. The longer steep, unsurprisingly, has more of everything… More mint, more chocolate, more cinnamon, although I would hesitate to call it truly chocolatey. I added some sugar to make it even more dessert-like, which was pretty tasty.

Bonnie

My thoughts exactly on all three were “hey Verdant, what’s with the 1 minute steep time?”
For all three longer was better. Hello!
And sweetening…definitely. I tested sugar and honey. Honey (clover honey) doesn’t ruin any of the tea’s. (You can’t always say that)
OK, to get the chocolate flavor add a pinch of Laoshan Black or Zhu Rong. (I keep cocoa hulls on hand too). It resteeps well like you expect from these blends.

Comments

Bonnie

For all three longer was better. Hello!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US