drank Dune d'épices by Dammann Freres

Dammann advent calendar, day 10. Another one I haven’t tried! I honestly thought I might run into a lot of them that I had tried before given the fact that I recently acquired a lot of Dammann teas, but this is great because it’s a lot of teas I wasn’t sure about enough to order 50-100g of, but now I get to try them anyway.

I didn’t really know what was in this one but I think I thought it was some kind of green chai. Then I looked it up on Dammann’s site and saw that it is supposed to be gingerbread and orange?? Yum. The scent of the dry sachet was super orangey and sweet, and made my mouth water! It smelled really good. I think the gingerbread came out more in the scent of the steeped tea, although its not exactly gingerbread right off. Maybe it’s just the interaction with the orange. I quite enjoy the flavor, although this is another tea that I would be happier to have on a black base. I guess I’m just not that into flavored greens unless they are pure fruit or floral. I just think the gingerbread flavor would be more prominent with a black base. It is sweet, very orangey, and lightly spiced. There is also a nice creaminess to this one that grows as I sip it.

Haha this is one of those teas that I start out ambivalent about but then really grow to really enjoy it by the end.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US