drank Lemon Drop by American Tea Room

I had been wanting to make an ATR order for a while to get more Milk Oolong, and eventually one of their 20% off sales coincided with some extra money for me, also happened to be when they were offering free samples of two new teas for Steepsterites. I was more interested in Lady Grey than this one, but I chose this one today because the package was already slightly opened (heat sealer didn’t quite seal) and while I didn’t lose any tea, I figured I would go ahead and drink it up.

Let me just say, I’m very impressed. If you want a very lemony black tea, this is the tea for you. But that’s not to say that it is all tart lemon… this tea is amazingly smooth and almost creamy-sweet. It reminds me a bit of a really awesome lemon bar. Mainly I am impressed with how smooth and rich it is; this tea has some heft to it, a thickness to the texture that adds to the sense of creaminess. The black tea doesn’t really stick out, but it provides a nice, substantial base to the blend. Thanks again to ATR for the sample!

Rachel Sincere

Wow, that sounds delicious! I love creamy lemon teas.

mmmmmm sounds tasty

Comments

Rachel Sincere

Wow, that sounds delicious! I love creamy lemon teas.

mmmmmm sounds tasty

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US