I had this tea yesterday after Golden Moon’s Coconut Pouchong but I didn’t get around to writing it up then. I primarily ordered this tea because I wanted to try their coconut pouchong/bao zhong and try to convince myself that not all coconut pouchongs are identical.

The leaf looks very similar, and it smells similar, but would say it smells a tiny bit sweeter and creamier, and less toasted. That carries over to the taste as well. These two teas are very similar, don’t get me wrong. This was delicious, but slightly distinct as well. They are both sweet, creamy, and coconutty. This one has more vanilla and that slight orchidy note from vanilla/pouchong. Golden Moon’s is butterier, toastier, and more like a baked good. I just prefer, personally, that coconut cookie-ness of Golden Moon’s.

Fjellrev

Thank you so much for the comparison! I haven’t tried either yet but am always looking for that perfect coconut oolong.

Comments

Fjellrev

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US