drank Royal Abkhazi by Silk Road
1915 tasting notes

I have OMGsrsly to thank for this sample, although at the leaf to water ratio that is recommended it is more than just a sample! I drink 12oz cups of tea at work, so I estimated about 0.75 tsp for my cup (recommended: 1 tsp for 16oz).

This is an interesting tea. It is decidedly not a typical Earl Grey Cream, although it contains those flavors. The flavors were fairly subtle in this one, and although I wouldn’t call the cup weak, I will probably try this with a bit more leaf before rating it. The bergamot had a sweetish, cookie-type quality (that probably only I actually associate with cookies, haha), which was accentuated by the vanilla. At the same time, the vanilla was pretty laid back and not overwhelmingly creamy. Very interesting tea! Glad I have enough of it to experiment with.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 0 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
OMGsrsly

Isn’t that a RIDICULOUS ratio? I started with loose tea at Silk Road and could not understand why other teas called for 1 tsp per 6 oz. :) I like it my new ‘normal’ way, which is 2 tsp, as well as the original way.

Comments

OMGsrsly

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US