Another tea I picked up at the Coffee and Tea festival. I had always wanted to try this one, and they were sampling it there when I made it to the booth. It really is fantastic, and I had to pick up a tin!

I got distracted this morning and accidentally steeped this cup of tea for 11 minutes! Yikes! I decided I’d try it anyway, and was pleasantly surprised to find no bitterness whatsoever. The cinnamon obviously takes the forefront here, but the sweet clove is a big player, adding a hint of natural sweetness and flavor. The oversteeping produced a dark mahogany liquor and the aroma is very spicy, though the taste is decidedly less spicy. That’s ok for me, though, because cinnamon can get overly spicy and caustic pretty quickly. This tea is just pure cinnamon bliss!

Boiling 8 min or more