drank Guayusa Spice by Runa

I got a sample of this tea at the Coffee and Tea Festival last weekend. I tried a little at the event, and thought it was unique and pretty tasty, I was excited to try a whole cup.

The sample didn’t come with any instructions, but I looked on their website and noticed that the instructions said to use one tea bag in 8 oz of water, steeped in boiling water for 4-6 minutes. I already started steeping the sachet I got in 12 oz of water, so I went ahead and left it in for 6 minutes.

The tea brewed up with a dark yellowish liquor, with an aroma that featured the spices with a leafy-green-grassy notes behind it. The taste… well, I wish I had brewed it in less water, or had another sachet! The flavor was overall kind of weak. I could faintly taste the spice, but not much behind it. It was mild and inoffensive, but not very exciting. My next sample will definitely get less water!