drank Earl Grey Reserve by Tavalon Tea

Another purchase from the CTF. The dried leaves have a super pungent bergamot aroma, which made me a little nervous because I was afraid it might brew up bitter tasting to me.

I went ahead and only brewed it 3 minutes, not the 5 as instructed, and I think it was a good move. The liquor is a deep-dark reddish brown and the aroma is of bergamot and… something else I can’t place. Perhaps its the base teas coming through. It’s not unpleasant, and I feel like if I knew more about straight black teas I might be able to pin it down. Surprisingly the bergamot isn’t overwhelming in the aroma, but is the main flavor in the taste. I got no bitterness in this cup, just a nice strong flavor. I enjoy this Earl Grey, and look forward to drinking through the cannister I got at the show!

tavalontea

Dinosara, Chris from Tavalon here! The base tea used is a ceylon – the aroma that may be alluding you is the faintly citrus flavor our Earl has, since we use real bergamot (it is an orange, after all!).

Dinosara

I think it is the Ceylon I’m tasting. I can pick out the citrus of the bergamot, but the Ceylon I’m not quite familiar with (yet!). Thanks for the comment!

Comments

tavalontea

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US