I love lavender, so I had to get this tea for my third free sample from Joy’s Teaspoon. When I opened the package, the scent of herby lavender was really quite strong. There’s not any inherant sweetness behind this, it’s true lavender. Brewed up the lavender aroma decreased but was still a major note. Mainly, though, the aroma of a good black tea came through.

This tea is really quite tasty. The main flavor is really that of a solid black tea with a lovely overlay of lavender over all. The lavender isn’t too strong, but not too faint either. It has a completey different character than the lavender EG I drank a couple of days ago; lavender is an interesting herb whose flavor changes depending on what you combine it with. Unsweetened and uncombined with fruitier notes, the lavender is more herby and vegetale. This is a great floral tea, but it’s not too perfumy. It’s actually a nice morning tea because the black tea wakes you up while the lavender calms, so you are alert but relaxed. Nice! If you like lavender in foods and drink, you’ll probably enjoy this tea, which is very well blended.