drank China Rose Tea OP by ESP Emporium
1933 tasting notes

I really love rose-flavored candies and such, so I didn’t hesitate to get some rose black tea when I had the chance. The dry leaves of this tea have a rose scent, but it’s not super powerful. The instant you pour hot water on the tea, however, a much stronger rose aroma is released. The tea brews up with a dark liquor and smells of rose and the Orange Pekoe base. The tea itself is quite lovely… the black tea doesn’t have any traces of bitterness, and it has a pleasant, slightly malty flavor. The rose is well blended with the tea; it neither overpowers it nor fades to the background. This is the flavor of rose water, rose baked goods, rose loukoumi (turkish delight). This tea actually reminds me of Paris as much as Paris tea, eating rose macarons and rose candies from Fauchon. If you’re a fan of rose-flavored foods and drinks, this tea would be a good one to try.