drank 1001 Nights by TeaFrog

I got a box of tea in the mail last night, which was very exciting. I’ve been waiting for a couple of tea packages recently, two of which had to deal with customs coming from Canada, this being one. I ordered a bunch of samples from TeaFrog, and this tea was one of them.

I couldn’t really tell you what the dry leaves smelled like; the plastic pouches don’t do much to keep their smells in, and after 11 days of sitting in a small box together they all smell somewhat alike. When brewed I get a really fruity aroma from this one, which I was not expecting! Kind of a sweet/tart fruity candy scent, actually, which initially makes me wary because I have had some blends with that kind of smell that I did not like the taste of at all.

The taste is pretty nice, however. For me the jasmine is the main note here, but I definitely get an underlying fruitiness (not that I can put my finger on the fruit). By going in between the black and green in my brewing paramenters, neither tea suffered. This tea makes me think that I’m drinking a jasmine green, but then a fruitier black tea comes up in the background. I think it works, ending up being a nice balance of floral and fruity.