drank Chocolate and Cream by TeaFrog

I love chocolate tea, but I’ve always been a little skeptical of teas with actual chocolate chips in them. It always seemed like cheating; like the chips would melt and make the tea less chocolate tea, and more weak hot chocolate. But I ordered this sample anyway, because I thought this one might be a good one to try.

Turns out my mistrust of chocolate chips in tea seems to be unfounded. I brewed up this tea with it’s little chocolate chips, and it’s really quite tasty! The liquor is a medium-shade reddish brown, and it smells and tastes mostly like chocolate and that hard to describe toasted or roasted flavor I often taste in chocolate teas. I don’t get a strong cream note, but I think it’s underlying the chocolate and giving it the feeling of sweetness without actually tasting sweet. The black tea base isn’t distinct, but it offers a nice background without being too strong and without any bitterness. Overall, a very nice tea!