drank Exotic Pear by Butiki Teas

This is my first pear tea, but I’ve always wanted to try one so it was a perfect candidate to request for a sample from Butiki. The tea is apparently a new blend, and it has tons of whole flower buds in the dry tea. The aroma dry is definitely pear and general juicy-fruity, with some definite florals underlying it. Steeped, the tea liquor is a pale yellow (but not as pale as the Rose Violet Calendula Oolong!), and it smells like primarily like pears, but now a little more vegetal with floral overtones I can’t quite place.

The flavor is really juicy pear! It surprised me a bit, actually. Again in the taste I get the vegetal notes from the aroma (the green tea perhaps), and definitely an array of florals. I’m interested to know what flowers are actually in this one, but I really like it! I hope this one gets added for online ordering, because I would order more.

Paul M Tracy

I think pear is one of the trickiest flavors to use without it coming across as cheap flavoring. I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about Butiki (boutiquey?) Teas. I might have to try someone new.