This is my second bottle of Teas’ Tea iced tea; since I liked the Mango Oolong I had last time, I decided to try this Crispy Apple Black this time. A big difference here though is that the Mango Oolong was “Low Calorie”, i.e., only lightly sweetened, whereas this one is “Classic”, which means lots of sugar. It’s sweet enough to basically taste like somewhat thin apple juice (though not quite as sweet as actual apple juice). I can’t really taste the black tea at all, but at least the apple is actually well done; it’s juicy and full flavored like eating an actual apple (perhaps a Gala), not like some apple juices which can be fairly bland. I would like it if they offered this one in the lightly sweetened category, because I feel like with less sugar the tea might come through more.

gmathis

I’ve always wondered why bottled tea producers have to add so much sugar … is it a preservative/spoilage prevention method, d’ya think?

Dinosara

I think it’s just that most people like sugary drinks! Although this tea company does make lots of unsweetened bottled teas too, so I don’t know why they had to sugar bomb this one.

Comments

gmathis

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US