drank Trois Noix by Mariage Frères

Happy 200th tasting note to me! This was my overnight cold steep, and let me tell you, it was delicious. I decided to cold steep this one after my cold steep of Marco Polo eliminated the weird tart/acidic flavor I had gotten on both of these teas. It worked again, and this came out incredibly almondy with a bit of extra nut flavors added to it. The only drink I’ve had that is that almondy is an almond flavored bubble tea, which I love.

It seems like for this tea and Marco Polo I need to add cream/sugar or cold steep to take care of that odd acidic note I taste. I’ll no doubt try this one again hot and plain just to be sure, but if nothing else I can definitely always cold steep it.

Iced 8 min or more
ashmanra

I just had a French tea today that waws delicious until it started getting cold, the it got the weird, astringent or acidic taste you mention. Must be something these French teas ave in common…

LiberTEAS

Congrats on reaching 200!

ashmanra

Good gravy, look at all the missing letters! Will I ever get used to my iPad, or at least start proofreading?

Dinosara

Thanks LiberTEAS!
And ashmanra…LOL it can be hard to get used to typing on those keyboards! I haven’t experienced the acidic taste on any of the Dammann teas, but it’s definitely there on two different MF blacks I’ve tried.

Comments

ashmanra

LiberTEAS

Congrats on reaching 200!

Dinosara

Thanks LiberTEAS!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US