drank Rose Oolong by Tea Licious
1962 tasting notes

I’m not feeling the greatest today, so I was looking in my stash for something soothing. I actually don’t have any primarily ginger tea right now, which is odd and needs to be remedied. This is described as a rose oolong, but it also contains ginger and lemongrass (and the lemongrass seems to be the primary flavor), so I went with this one.

This tea is crazy because every time it tastes different. First time I had it, it was strongly lemongrass and ginger. Second time, it was only faintly lemony and mostly the green oolong. Today, it’s actually very rosey! With a nice, light hint of lemon underneath, adding a bright note that pairs well with the rich, sweet rose. This iteration is definitely an oolong I’d buy again, but I’m unsure I’d ever be able to replicate this cup.

This past weekend we went back to Coney Island to find our super rare Gray-hooded Gull again. If anyone is interested in seeing the gull, my pictures are here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvGy7Wq
There’s a NY Times article about the gull today, but the reporter was pretty lazy and didn’t even try to contact any officials or try to find the person that reported it originally (me!). http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/01/nyregion/gray-hooded-gull-rare-bird-in-us-is-apparently-on-coney-island.html?_r=1

ETA: Here’s an article from the American Birding Association, which actually does give us credit: http://birding.typepad.com/peeps/2011/07/gray-hooded-gull-coney-island-new-york.html

JacquelineM

That’s SO COOL!!!! I’ve just gotten started with birding – my husband bought me binoculars for my birthday :)

Jenn

Your pictures are fantastic! I got very into birding when I visited India a few years ago… I never put my binoculars down. My local birdies deseve to be better appreciated.
Feel better you :)

Dinosara

Yay birding! I’ve only been really into it for about a year now, and I just got my pair of good binoculars for my birthday last may!

ashmanra

Great photos! That is a beautiful bird. Congratulations!

QuiltGuppy

This is so cool! Great photos, too. :)

Comments

JacquelineM

Jenn

Feel better you :)

Dinosara

ashmanra

Great photos! That is a beautiful bird. Congratulations!

QuiltGuppy

This is so cool! Great photos, too. :)

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US