I haven’t had this tea in a while, so I thought I’d give it another go. I’ve enjoyed this one in my past tasting notes, but clearly not so much that I am craving it constantly. I based my brewing parameters this time on my last successful cup, so I’m hoping it comes through nicely.

The steeped tea smells nice, but there’s something about this coconut that seems odd to me now that I’ve had some other nice coconut tea. Maybe it’s just the combination with the chocolate, but it’s a bit less fresh, light, tropical (ironic considering this is “carribean”). Don’t get me wrong, it tastes great. Very chocolatey, and the coconut adds a creaminess. It doesn’t really scream tropical to me, but it does very clearly say “Mounds bar”. Definite yum.

TeaNerdette

So does it sort of have a ‘cocoa pina colada’ flavor?

Dinosara

Not really, because there’s no pinapple flavor. It’s really more straight up, somewhat toasted coconut with added chocolate.