I’m at home today because I’m having some kind of crazy hives reaction to something. Bleh. Compounding that is a bitter taste in my mouth after eating/drinking anything, which apparently comes from the pine nuts I used to make pesto recently. Apparently the subspecies from China can cause a bitter aftertaste for several days; I haven’t had this problem with pine nuts in the past, but I looked and sure enough, the package I just bought is a product of China, and the one’s I had before were from Spain. Lesson learned.

Anyway, I have a few teas here at home that I haven’t tried yet, but I didn’t want to make them and have the taste influenced by this bitter aftertaste, so I went with a tried and true. Any bittnerness in this one is not it’s fault!