drank Wenshan Baozhong by Harney & Sons

Harney day! I’m sitting here at the Soho tasting room, and I ordered a pot of his tea because I couldn’t resist the description. This tea definitely smells floral in a very oolongy way… Not like true florals or scented teas, but light, vegetal florals. I agree with others that the flavor is buttery and vegetal, but I think it definitely retains some of the florals. It doesn’t have that sweet note at the end of the sip really, but as it cools the florals come out a bit more. A very smooth and tasty tea, definitely!

As a side note, I got some of their tea-flavored macarons, and they are delicious. Not quite as technically good as Laduree in Paris, but the flavors are great. Jasmine, rose, and sencha with raspberry today.

Jenn

I’m so jealous of your Sunday in Soho! Enjoy :)

ashmanra

My son doesn’t like tea at all, but I can sometimes get him to try a sip of something. This is one he tried for me,and when I asked how he liked it he said, “it tastes like flowers.”. Funny how I had to train my taste buds to pick up these things and he gets it right off the bat.

Dinosara

I was disappointed that while they have a big cannister of this tea loose, they don’t have any codes to sell it per ounce, so you have to buy a tin of it.

Comments

Jenn

I’m so jealous of your Sunday in Soho! Enjoy :)

ashmanra

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US