drank Milk Oolong by American Tea Room

This is one of those teas that’s so tasty that I want to drink it all the time, but so expensive (and of which I have only a sample) that I put off drinking it because I don’t want to use it up too fast. I only actually every tried it once before, and it was one of the teas that sparked my new interest in oolongs. I haven’t tried another milk oolong yet, but now that I have another sample to try from another company, I wanted to revisit this one and see if it still makes me swoon.

I opened the pouch and was greeted by such a buttery, creamy scent. In the steeped tea it’s still the main aroma, but it’s joined by a floral greenness. First sip, and yup, still amazing. It’s amazing how fruity and floral and creamy and buttery and bready this tea is. Oh so smooth and creamy mouthfeel, a slightly sweet aftertaste that grows as it cools. How do teas like this even exist??

Charles Thomas Draper

I have to try a Milk Oolong….

TeaBrat

I tried one recently at a local shop and it was very nice… rich and buttery

Amariel

Milk oolong is great.

Dinosara

This one is a particularly fine example, or so I’ve been told! It’s definitely pretty amazing.

Ninavampi

I have tried a a couple milk oolongs and really enjoyed them, but this one seems to have everyone in love with it.. It is on my really want to try when I can afford it list! : )

Comments

Charles Thomas Draper

I have to try a Milk Oolong….

TeaBrat

I tried one recently at a local shop and it was very nice… rich and buttery

Amariel

Milk oolong is great.

Dinosara

Ninavampi

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US