drank Cherry Almond Tea by Culinary Teas

It’s always fun to get tea in the mail when you forgot it was coming to you… such is the case with my envelope of teas from TeaEqualsBliss that came last night! Thanks so much for the jam-packed envelope. This was one of the samples that was included and I decided to jump right in and try it this morning.

The dry leaf on this one smells like cherries, but like actual cherry fruit, not cherry flavoring. Whew! I’m really not a fan of cherry flavoring (like in cherry candy), but I do like the fresh fruit. It reminds me of a french “four red fruits” tea, probably because cherry is often one of the red fruits in those blends. After steeping it has a tart cherry aroma backed up by a brightish black tea base. I don’t get much almond except perhaps as a slightly nutty light note to the aroma.

The flavor is very subdued and pleasant. This isn’t an in-your-face flavored tea. A bit tart cherry, a smooth black tea base, and there’s the nutty almond flavor, blooming in the aftertaste. I would like it if there was a bit more almond flavor to this, since I am an almond freak, but I do really like that the cherry tastes nice and natural.