drank Earl of Grey by The Tea Spot

I recently got another shipment of tea samples… I couldn’t help myself! But this one should be the last one for a while. I got free shipping for this company so I took the chance to order samples of some of the teas I’ve been interested from them. I have a somewhat stuffy nose right now, but I can still smell enough I think and I really wanted to try this one.

The dry tea has notes of orange, bright bergamot, and cream in the scent. Steeped, the black tea definitely comes out to play as the main note in the aroma, accompanied by that bright bergamot and then underlayed by that lovely cream note. Most of that comes through in the taste as well. The black tea base is pleasant, and a myriad of citrus notes complement it… bergamot, lemon, orange, grapefruit, though I don’t forget it’s an Earl Grey. At the first part of the sip all I get is the Earl Grey, and then the creamy notes bloom at the end of the sip and in the aftertaste, leaving a sweetish (the licorice root I think, though there’s no distinct licorice taste in this), creamy, cakey, lovely flavor in my mouth. All in all a nice, solid Earl Grey cream.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US