Ahhh so busy! I am exausted but have had no time to sit and have a cup of tea, which would certainly perk me up. But I finally have a brief moment now, so here it goes.

I wanted to try this tea because it’s a flavored tea that is supposed to have a very high quality, single-estate base. Indeed, the dry leaf is dark and the leaves are long and curly with some golden tips here and there. The dry leaf smells like chocolate, but I’m also definitely getting molasses and more specifically it smells like horse feed! Basically grains covered in molasses.

Steeped, I don’t get quite the same aroma profile, but there is lots of chocolate and some honeyed, malty black tea underneath. The pairing is perfect, and that extends to the flavor. Chocolatey, rich, delicious. I don’t have time to ramble on today, but suffice to say that this tea is awesome. I was very sad to see the bottom of my cup.

Auggy

Okay, that sounds tasty except for the horse feed bit! :)

Dinosara

Haha, well I always thought horse feed smelled good, but that’s just me. :D

Auggy

I don’t doubt that it can (doesn’t it sometimes include molasses or am I thinking of something else?) but I don’t know what it smells like so my brain just inserts a horse smell! :)

Jessie

I rode for most of my life, and agree that the grain mixes (some of them have molasses) smell amazing!

Comments

Auggy

Okay, that sounds tasty except for the horse feed bit! :)

Dinosara

Haha, well I always thought horse feed smelled good, but that’s just me. :D

Jessie

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US