drank Meditative Mind by The Tea Spot
1965 tasting notes

Ah, rose and jasmine. This tea really reminds me of another tea I’ve had before, but I can’t figure out what. I think most of the jasmine and rose teas I’ve had have also had other things in them, and none of them have been green and/or white teas. Oh well, one thing’s for sure… this is really tasty. I’m always a little hesitant about white teas because I haven’t had too much success with them before, plus this tea was made up of long, twisted leaves combined with big rosebuds, which made portioning it out with a teaspoon difficult. The directions called for 2-4 minutes of steep time, so I went in the middle.

Even with all this uncertainty, it turned out awesome. Rose is really the main flavor here, but the jasmine is no slouch. I do think that rose is naturally a bit more forward of a flavor than jasmine, so it seems the strongest. They combine together very well, though, along with a nice fresh, green background. It’s a very floral tea, and it’s a very successful one. I might just have to keep this one around!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US