drank Caricias para el Alma by Tématyco

I just got a new infusing basket in the mail last night, and I couldn’t wait to try it out! I use a Tea Forte Kati Cup for 90% of my tea, but the handle on the infuser basket for it broke off a while ago, so I’ve had to pry the basket out with the tip of a dull knife at the end of each tasting, and sometimes it’s really hot! Finally I broke down and ordered a new ForLife infuser basket (this one: http://preview.tinyurl.com/7we6l5v) that is kind of a tall, narrow, use-it-in-any-mug deal with a nice sturdy handle. I’m also excited that since it’s a ForLife the holes are way smaller than the metal screen of the basket I had before, so that should mean less bits in my tea now.

This is a pretty decent tea to try it out with because the leaf is CTC and very small. And indeed, only the finest of tea dust escaped the basket. This tea is just amazing to me because it totally doesn’t look like much, with it’s tiny little pieces of leaf, but it is so tasty. Last time I brewed it for some unknown time because I forgot to start the timer, but I think I could actually brew it for longer and not get bitterness because this time it seems a tiny bit weak. Still, I love the combination of flavors (bergamot, jasmine and red currant), and when I run out I will probably have to make a blend myself since it is unlikely I will find it again. But for now I have a pretty decent sized tin that will likely last me a while, yay!

SimplyJenW

I have a whole herd of ForLife teaware. A 24 oz.pot a 45 oz. pot and a 15oz. mug. I love them all and the infusers are interchangeable. I do think the infuser is the best part, though!

Dinosara

I love how sturdy it is, and the tiny holes make me realize how much stuff was getting through my old infuser. It’s also way easier to clean than the old screen mesh one too.

Cheryl

Thanks for that link (added to Wishlist, which is growing w. tea related stuff).

Comments

SimplyJenW

Dinosara

Cheryl

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US