This is one of my favourite North African/Moroccan mint blends! The cardamom! Cinnamon! This is the drink of hospitality for a reason! It’s always a hit when I serve it in a teapot to my friends. I love how the different flavours meld together to create a beautiful tea. Notes of licorice are present as well. Tea can be fickle – I recommend a little higher than a normal green tea temperature, but certainly not anywhere close to boiling. It can turn this tea very bitter. It’s a lovely addition to my permanent tea collection.

Keep in mind that I a) love strong teas and b) love chai blends and herbs that other people may not necessarily find palatable in tea. Especially licorice, pepper, cloves etc.

Sweet Canadian

I am also having a love affair with cardamom atm. I’m going to try a bunch of Davids chais soon as soon as I get through some of my current sipdowns…I really liked jade oolong chai and coco chai rooibos when I had them recently.

Comments

Sweet Canadian

How the story goes is that one day, a feeble, weakened graduate student decided to stop ingesting so much caffeine and additives (sugar, cream, milk) and instead headed for the land of tea.

I should probably mention that I’ve been drinking tea… pretty much since I can remember. The beauty of growing up in a still-semi-Euro family! I was introduced to green teas and pu’erhs by herbalists and acupuncturists in my teens.

Canada