drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

My perfect morning tea!

This is up there with teas that I stuck my tongue at… at first. Chocolate? Raspberries? Give me a break!

Like another reviewer mentioned, the tea was thinner than I expected. But the combination of the mate, almonds, chocolate, and raspberries was fantastic. It shakes up my normal “earl grey” morning routine. Prior to my mate purchases last week, I had only tried mate once, and it made me feel “crazy” so never again. This tea did not have the same effect, but I felt energized up until after lunch (my usual energy drag) – however, I’m a morning person, so I’m probably not the best person to judge the “energy” quality of this tea.

I wouldn’t give this to anxious people. The excess energy would probably not be good for them (same with guarana teas).

How the story goes is that one day, a feeble, weakened graduate student decided to stop ingesting so much caffeine and additives (sugar, cream, milk) and instead headed for the land of tea.

I should probably mention that I’ve been drinking tea… pretty much since I can remember. The beauty of growing up in a still-semi-Euro family! I was introduced to green teas and pu’erhs by herbalists and acupuncturists in my teens.

Canada