Which new features do you want the most?
Add an URL field for the tea so we could go to the page immediately.
I agree. Or at the very least profile pages for the tea companies that have URL, location, etc.
Nah profile pages is too facebookish. I just want to be able to link to purchase the tea right from the tea’s page.
Yep I want a direct one, I mean when I’m copying the image url / the description, it doesn’t take much more effort for me to include a link as well.
e.g. “oolong lovers group” or “people who think people who put milk in their tea are mad”
I did a search for “instant messaging” cuz I know it’s been suggested and I just wanted to reply to an existing idea, but I came up w/ no search results.:( Once IM is set up we should have a book club chat room. It may be kinda hard since there are people all over the globe here, so maybe we could meet at 2 different times?
LOVE the PMs! But could there be boxes by each message (in both the inbox and the sent folders) so we can delete a bunch at once? Also if we delete a message from the sent folder, please send us back to the sent folder vs back to the inbox.
Maybe the inbox could have a place for sent/received swap requests (i.e. “You have one request for Cocomint green by Adagio.” if someone wants to try that tea) (See my “Take please!” button idea next to each tea in a persons cupboard that the search isn’t letting me find.)
Here’s something I’d like. A way to categorize what’s in the cupboard – like separate shelves maybe? Preferably customizable shelves. I’d like to group by type (white, green, herbal, etc) and then maybe have a shelf of “teas available for swapping”
I posted a few suggestions on my blog! :)
- On the ‘dashboard’, place priority to teas in your cupboard when selecting tea I am drinking.
- Ability to add tea activity directly from the search drop down results rather than having to go to the page.
- Anti-aliasing for the curved background of the tabbed menu items on the dashboard. The inner perfectionist is cringing.
- A spartan m.steepster.com or steepster.mobi for my blackberry. I don’t always drink tea at my computer. Plus, access to a tea review while at the store would probably be best for a whimsical shopper like me.
- Change ’save this note’ to something else (like publish this note) since I first thought it meant to save it as a draft.
- Wrong join date on my dashboard… Says ‘Member since Jan 10′. Pretty sure it’s the 17th unless we’re operating on different calendars.
One more – when searching the types of teas under the explore, teas area – currently it’ has an option to select all – it would be nice to have a deselect all as well. Because I wanted to look at one types of tea only, and I had to go through and unclick each type, and wait until it resorted after each click.
I would like to see a column space for a ’ tea diary’ in which anyone can share his daily routines and habits regarding tea. Which tea in in early morning, late morning, lunch, afternoon…type of tea, brand, water temperature and suggested infusion time…
mmmh…doesn’t it get messy on one’s page then? I see this rating thing more as a way to comment a tea, which of course I love to do on this page.
I had more something like a calendar in mind…were everyone can pop in and go to 2.00pm, 4.00pm….that sort of thing. Anyways, was just something that came into my head this morning. maybe you are right and I should make more use of my dashboard…lol…the silly me blushing
I was thinking the same thing, actually. I’d like something separate from “tasting notes” – a place to just log that I drank this at this time.
A few things I’d like to see: (went back a few pages and didn’t see them mentioned, so pardon if these are repeats)
1) The ability to add multiple teas to a single log. I will often blend together a few different brands of tea, so it’d be nice to have a record for that or to see what people mix together. Ideally, the log would show up under both normal listings for either tea and could even carry a percentage of the blend number next to it. (E.G., Irish Breakfast [40%] / Orange Rooibos [60%])
2) A separate section for rating teaware, like kettles, pots, cups, timers, etc.
3) Crowd-sourced brewing recommendations. Steepster already gathers the time and temperature of a logged tea, so why not show the average up near the tea’s score?
These may already be in there but – how about an available to swap flag? i’d like to mark stuff in my cupboard that i am willing to swap so people can contact me about them