Which new features do you want the most?
I posted a few suggestions on my blog! :)
- On the ‘dashboard’, place priority to teas in your cupboard when selecting tea I am drinking.
- Ability to add tea activity directly from the search drop down results rather than having to go to the page.
- Anti-aliasing for the curved background of the tabbed menu items on the dashboard. The inner perfectionist is cringing.
- A spartan m.steepster.com or steepster.mobi for my blackberry. I don’t always drink tea at my computer. Plus, access to a tea review while at the store would probably be best for a whimsical shopper like me.
- Change ’save this note’ to something else (like publish this note) since I first thought it meant to save it as a draft.
- Wrong join date on my dashboard… Says ‘Member since Jan 10′. Pretty sure it’s the 17th unless we’re operating on different calendars.
One more – when searching the types of teas under the explore, teas area – currently it’ has an option to select all – it would be nice to have a deselect all as well. Because I wanted to look at one types of tea only, and I had to go through and unclick each type, and wait until it resorted after each click.
I would like to see a column space for a ’ tea diary’ in which anyone can share his daily routines and habits regarding tea. Which tea in in early morning, late morning, lunch, afternoon…type of tea, brand, water temperature and suggested infusion time…
That’s what the tasting notes are for.
mmmh…doesn’t it get messy on one’s page then? I see this rating thing more as a way to comment a tea, which of course I love to do on this page.
I had more something like a calendar in mind…were everyone can pop in and go to 2.00pm, 4.00pm….that sort of thing. Anyways, was just something that came into my head this morning. maybe you are right and I should make more use of my dashboard…lol…the silly me blushing
I was thinking the same thing, actually. I’d like something separate from “tasting notes” – a place to just log that I drank this at this time.
Kaypendragon… then don’t put any commentary.
A few things I’d like to see: (went back a few pages and didn’t see them mentioned, so pardon if these are repeats)
1) The ability to add multiple teas to a single log. I will often blend together a few different brands of tea, so it’d be nice to have a record for that or to see what people mix together. Ideally, the log would show up under both normal listings for either tea and could even carry a percentage of the blend number next to it. (E.G., Irish Breakfast [40%] / Orange Rooibos [60%])
2) A separate section for rating teaware, like kettles, pots, cups, timers, etc.
3) Crowd-sourced brewing recommendations. Steepster already gathers the time and temperature of a logged tea, so why not show the average up near the tea’s score?
1st 2 have already been suggested (and I agree w/ them!)- there’s a search, but I’ve noticed it doesn’t always work great. 3rd one is interesting… haven’t thought of that before.
These may already be in there but – how about an available to swap flag? i’d like to mark stuff in my cupboard that i am willing to swap so people can contact me about them
Has been mentioned several times. Use the search box to try to find out if the idea you have is already here. It doesn’t always work great, but it does help.
Oh and i was just searching for a tea, and was wondering why we can’t search on type (black green, etc) AND style (loose leaf, full leaf bagged, bagged) – in know some teas offer multiple kinds but then you could (when entering a tea) enter it was the full leaf bagged you tried, and the tasting note could be 1 bag 6 ounces water, where as someone else might do the same tea but choose loose leaf and 2 teaspoons and 12 ounces of water….and when you search that tea would come up as both loose leaf and full leaf bagged (look at the republic of tea site they have at the bottom of each page the ways that tea is available)
1. Loose, bagged, iced etc. as fields when adding a new tea
2. Ditto, but for country
Main reason is there are a lot of entries where people are commenting on both the bagged and loose versions, or where ‘bagged’ and ‘loose’ are in the title. This lacks consistency too. Same: country of origin.
Just my 0.02, maybe a pipe dream but great work otherwise.
I think the ability to star threads on the forum would be useful.
Someone might have already suggested something similar to this, but I had an idea while reading through the ‘Utterly Annoying Tasting Notes’ thread.
Give a new option on each persons Dashboard to select any tea they have previously logged a tasting note for, or perhaps added it into their Cupboard, and designate it as “Currently Sipping” or some such thing. This way, if the user has no new comments to add to their log, but still want to actually take note that they drank that cup and when, there is an easy way to record it. This information could still show up on followers Dashboards, but have a different designation. This way, those that are interested can observe, and others don’t have to worry about looking at “utterly annoying tasting notes”. Maybe even offer filter options on the Dashboard to customize how much info one sees from other users?
I think a “Currently Sipping” feature would be very neat. That’s something that could appear right up on the main menu (granted there’s room, I suppose—my screen width is quite large), in the corner. Almost a ‘current status’ sort of thing.
Not needed. Just look at the last thing they logged. No need to reinvent the wheel.
I think it would be useful if there was an easy way to tell if an account was run by someone representing a shop or business rather than a private person, because a business has a different sort of bias than a private person. I’ve noticed that not all accounts representing a business instead of a private person reflect this in the chosen username, or I get uncertain about whether I’m reading a post written by a business representative or by a private person.