Tea infused truffles
I just made some Tea infused truffles and they were SO amazing that I thought I would share a recipe. It was vey easy to make + very not too many ingredients.
At first I made a batch following the recipe precisely. But then I thought I would try to use some tea instead. So replaced cardamom and orange zest with 4 generous tea spoons of Sagittarius blend form Adagio teas (Earl Grey and raspberries) But you could use any tea you like. Also for coating I though you could use some matcha (I just didn’t have any at the moment).
I will post a photo later today.
Cardamom and orange truffles
Makes approx. 24 truffles
• 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
• 100g 70% cocoa chocolate, finely chopped
• 1 orange
• ½ cup cream
• 4 cardamom pods, broken open to release flavour
• 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa, for coating
1. Combine the chocolates in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Using a vegetable peeler cut off 2 strips of zest from the orange. Combine the zest with the cream and cardamom pods in a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer.
3. Once simmering remove from the heat and cover the cream with the lid of the saucepan. Allow to stand for 30 minutes to infuse the flavours.
4. Return the saucepan to a medium heat and bring back to a simmer. Strain the hot cream over the chopped chocolates and stir until the chocolate has melted.
5. Refrigerate until firm and then scoop teaspoonsful of the mixture, roll into balls and toss in cocoa.
Ooo… the cardamom & orange sound amazing as well, but I do have some teas in mind…I assume you infused the tea with the cream as you did with the orange and cardamom?
oh man these sound good.
on a side note…i totally bought orange and cardamon shortbread yesterday while running around. SOOOOOOOO good!
Took the photo earlier today. Happy Holidays!
Thanks for sharing the recipe! I am definitely going to try these, they sound amazing. And the flavour combos are endless too..I can see certain teas working really well with white or milk chocolate instead of dark. Earl grey and dark chocolate would be perfect, though.