Lewis and Clarke TTB - On the Move!
Here are the names I have for the Lewis and Clarke traveling tea box
madametj – Alabama SENT (5 pounds, 4.4 ounces)
Mandy – Florida RECEIVED/SENT (5 pounds, 6.2 ounces)
Cheri – Michigan RECEIVED/SENT (5 pounds, 13 ounces)
Cameron B – New York RECEIVED/SENT (5 pounds, 12.8 ounces)
KiwiDelight- New York RECEIVED
Tea Sipper – New York (IN)
Dr. Jim – Massachusetts (IN)
Christeana1- New Hampshire (IN)
Shipping should be in the $12-15 range (depending on how much you add to the box). If that or anything else is an issue please bow out now before you begin the TTB.
This box is made possible by the following companies who provided samples:
The Persimmon Tree Tea
Tea at Sea
The Tea Spot
Green Terrace Tea
Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs
Tea From Taiwan
I want to give HUGE THANKS to all of these companies for providing this tea for us. We appreciate the samples immensely!
Some things to keep in mind for this TTB:
- Purchasing a tracking number is mandatory (included in priority and flat rate shipping options)
-Unlike other TTBs, writing tasting notes will be required for this box. This is the least we can do to show our appreciate for the free samples. Linking to the product page in your tasting note is great too!
- This TTB will be for tasting teas, rather than for acquiring new full-sized teas for your cupboard. You will need to add as much tea to the box as you sample. For examples, if you sample 30 servings of tea, you add 30 servings of tea.
- Please have the box shipped to the next person in line within 7 days of receiving the box. Since this box is sooo stuffed full of teas to sample, you may want to take little baggies and take out one serving size of each tea that you’d like to try so that you’ll be ready to send the box out quicker. Also, many of the pouches are already in single serving sizes to make things easier for you.
- Before adding a new tea to the box, sniff the bag. If you can smell the tea through the closed bag, it will need to be double or even triple bagged to prevent contaminating the other teas. In most cases, covering with a single plastic bag is not enough!
- No tins, please! We’re trying to keep the shipping cost as low as we can :)
- If you purchase any tea as a result of participating in this or any other tea box, please leave a note to the seller telling them that you found them through a TTB. This way, companies know that participating in TTBs is a good idea!
Woo! This looks amazing! I’m so excited!
Yay! Im excited that I made the cut!
I’m very thrilled to be participating in a tea box where the best of the best tea companies have contributed! $20 does seem like a lot for shipping, but it sounds like it’s worth it. Thank you already answering my question on if some of the tea companies already have them separated by serving. Also, can you make delivery confirmation mandatory for everyone so the box has less of a chance on getting lost? Thank you!
Do you mean signature confirmation? I’d really rather not because that means either being at home for the box or having to make a special trip to pick it up.
No, not the signature confirmation, but the delivery confirmation that is around $.80 extra.. you get a number on your receipt that you can enter on usps.com and track the progress.
Oh boy thank you so much for including me and getting all of this together, Madametj!
Also, if this is the shipping order, I just sent another tea box to KiwiDelight, so if you want to move Kiwi above me, I’d appreciate it. :D
I’m definitely still planning on participating. So excited! :D
EDIT: I do have a question, though. Since it looks to me like most of the teas are probably going to be unflavored (or at least, most of the companies), would you like us to add mostly unflavored teas as well?
Adding unflavored tea would help prevent the smell contamination problem, but I’m not going to put any restrictions. Add whatever you like :) as long as the flavored teas are properly bagged.
I like to be annoying, so I keep suggesting these pouches, especially for tea boxes. 100% scent proof in my experience so far (I know Dr Jim bought some already for another tea box!): http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-3-5×5-Ziplock-Stand-Up-Pouches-Bags-SUP-AA-Clear-Silver-/310658911232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4854b6cc00
Which reminds me, since the tea companies are providing one serving for each of us, does that mean everyone has to replace enough of each tea for ten servings? (ie: in most cases, 10 teaspoons of the same tea?) But that doesn’t really make sense if you’re in the middle of the shipping order? There would only be a few people after you. Not sure if the tea box would go on another round. Also, the above pouches fit almost exactly 10 teaspoons in most cases. :D
If you try 30 servings of tea, you add 30 servings of tea. :) Hope that makes sense.
So it doesn’t have to be enough of the same tea for everyone? It could be a few teaspoons of one tea?
Exactly, as long are you’re not taking more tea in total than you add in total. In fact, since there was originally only supposed to be one box, many of the teas will be starting out with about 5 servings since I had to split everything into two boxes. There’s still sooo much variety for everyone to try though, and it’s unlikely that 10 people will all have the same tastes anyway :)
I was thinking you might want to suggest people follow the people two above and below on the shipping list to make it easier to contact people when the tea box needs to be sent on?