drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Got the foam I was looking for! So this is my second note on Caramel Matcha. I measured 2 oz of 175 degree water and added a small amount of this water to 1/2 tsp of the sifted matcha, mixing to make a paste. I added the rest of the water and used my bamboo whisk (chasen)to produce the foam. I placed it all in a shaker, added 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, a splash of cream and a bit of stevia and shook it for a minute-nice and foamy! Maybe it’s psychological, but the foam just makes it seem better. It was great the last time I made it, but the preliminary step of using the chasen to get it more foamy before I shook it up with the almond milk made a big difference for me. Can’t wait to try this with the Boysenberry and Pumpkin Pie when they arrive in the mail.

Tea became a passion for me a year or so ago. I fell into it almost by accident, but now I would say it has captured me. Tea is more than something tasty to sip on, it is an experience-it helps create a mood and is quite interesting to read about and study. I discovered loose tea at the tea store at my mall. I was looking for alternatives to Coke Zero and white wine. Say what you will about that mall chain, but I’m sure it has raised awareness about tea where I live, in the land of bagged mass produced black tea prepared with lots of sugar, Atlanta, Georgia. That’s what happened with me, and then I started perusing the internet and found Steepster.

When I take on an interest or a hobby, I go into it full force and become a little obsessive about it in the beginning. I have always been adventurous when it comes to trying new foods, and once I discovered there was so much more out there than the Lipton tea I saw my mom drinking when I was growing up, I started trying many different varieties of loose tea. I have discovered I like all kinds of tea. I I veer a lot toward straight teas, especially blacks, but occasionally drink flavored also, especially Earl Grey. I like flavored Matcha lattes too. I’ve completely given up diet cola, which was becoming too much of a habit. I think tea is a lot healthier. When I rate a tea, it’s just my personal taste, so I don’t tend to post on things I don’t care for. Also, I tend to sweeten my tea with natural stevia (a no no for some!) I am a married Registered Nurse, with two kids in college and one in medical school. My husband is not hooked like I am, but he often enjoys a cup with me. I enjoy many other interests, including reading, gardening, and the arts. I’ve taken up hiking in the past year too. Anytime I can include tea in these pursuits, I do! It has become a bit of an obsession for me.

Atlanta, GA