drank Carrot Cake by The NecessiTeas

The taste of carrot was actually hard for me to detect. Sweetening this, however, gave a flavor reminiscent of the natural sweetness of carrots. The spice of the cinnamon and clove is predominant, but I actually did not find the spiciness to be overpowering. In similarly spiced teas I’ve tried the cloves usually take over and mask everything else. Here the spices are well-balanced, especially once the brew is sweetened. After swallowing there is a syrupy aftertaste, like molasses. I am actually reminded a little of raisin, even though there aren’t any raisins in this blend as far as I could tell. Actually, as a whole, this tisane reminds me more of oatmeal-raisin cookies than it does carrot cake. Not that that’s a bad thing; I like oatmeal raisin cookies!

Definitely let this steep for a good long time, and enjoy with a splash of milk or cream and your sweetener of choice!

Boiling 8 min or more