I found this tea out of desperation. I lived in South Korea for a while, so amazing and affordable jasmine tea (amongst others) was always throwing itself at me. Since I moved back to the U.S. and rural South, this is unfortunately no longer the case.

There aren’t many places in my area to buy loose-leaf tea and bagged tea is hit-and-miss. I went to World Market and could not for the life of me find any jasmine without some other flavoring in it. I don’t like fruit flavorings in my tea, even if they are real, they often seem fake, or the sweetness drowns out the subtleties that I so enjoy. I finally gave up and told myself I would find an Asian market soon, though it would likely be at least an hour drive.

The same week I was shopping at Target and glanced over the teas there. It’s not a large selection, but hey, can’t hurt. I spotted this lovely teal-green box of jasmine, JUST jasmine, and threw the box in my cart without another thought.

I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of this tea. Though it’s a bit different than what I am used to, it’s quite pleasant, especially for late-night reading. There is no bitterness to this tea, even when I accidentally over-steep it, which is often >.<

This tea was a rare find, for which I am very grateful.

My favorite teas are black, oolong, peppermint, jasmine, and chamomile, Earl Grey being the love of my tea-life. I dislike reds – rooibos, spearmint, chrysanthemum, peach, overly sweet fruit teas such as passionfruit, and usually chocolate and vanilla flavored teas.

U.S.