I was quite excited to find this on the shelf last Fall. I love apples, I love cinnamon, I love tea, so this should be great, right?! Opening the box was heaven, as well. I wanted that smell in my mouth immediately, which is why I was incredibly disappointed when I took one sip, dumped the rest of the mug in the sink, and made a cup of chamomile to get the taste of mutant cinnamon out of my mouth. This stuff is wayyyy too potent – were you guys trying to make some kind of love potion?? The cinnamon is really all that I could taste, when I was hoping for a tangy apple base with light cinnamon notes. In fact, if this blend was just cinnamon tea it would be too much cinnamon! I did end up using one of the bags in a crock pot to season some apple cider, and it worked pretty well, and I might save the bags to make a simmer pot recipe to scent my home this Fall, so it’s not completely useless.

Oh, and I did try to only steep this tea for a minute – because I’ll admit, I am terrible about oversteeping my teas, but it did nothing toward making this more palatable.

My favorite teas are black, oolong, peppermint, jasmine, and chamomile, Earl Grey being the love of my tea-life. I dislike reds – rooibos, spearmint, chrysanthemum, peach, overly sweet fruit teas such as passionfruit, and usually chocolate and vanilla flavored teas.

U.S.