drank Earl Grey Bravo by Adagio Teas

I have a terrible respiratory infection right now. My mother is starting her chemotherapy for breast cancer soon and I can’t be around her until I am better. This is particularly painful. I am on several medications, but few things truly relieve my sore throat like a steaming cup of strong black tea.

I awoke at 4:30am unable to swallow. Upon trying it felt like I was forcing down razor-sharp slivers of glass. I needed something strong and comforting.

I put the electric kettle on and put in a hefty amount of Earl Grey; the strongest dose I’ve had to date. I poured the just boiling into my cast iron teapot and gently slid in the mesh. The result was a super-strong, ebony, and highly perfumed cup of tea. I am now on my third cup, my throat is feeling significantly better, and my sinuses have cleared up quite a bit. I think the re-steep on this will also be very strong considering how many leaves I used.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Whoa! Feel better! And I hope your Mom’s chemo works out!

Elonwy

Thank you Fuzzy! A good cup of hot tea always soothes the throat and comforts the soul. My mom’s a tough cookie, tougher than me ^_~

i hope you feel better soon so that you can be back with your mom, supporting her. that’s gotta be tough.

Elonwy

Thank you, Sil, I will be seeing her today after a week’s absence, My love of tea is from her.

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Whoa! Feel better! And I hope your Mom’s chemo works out!

Elonwy

My favorite teas are black, oolong, peppermint, jasmine, and chamomile, Earl Grey being the love of my tea-life. I dislike reds – rooibos, spearmint, chrysanthemum, peach, overly sweet fruit teas such as passionfruit, and usually chocolate and vanilla flavored teas.

U.S.