drank Blueberry by Lupicia

I bought this tea after finishing my stash of “Blueberry Fields” from TeaSource. Figured it couldn’t hurt to try a similar tea from a different vendor. This tea smells like blueberry, without a doubt. It’s a wonderful smell.

Once brewed, the tea still smells like blueberry, but the black tea base is also present. The same can be said for the taste. I’m picking up a nice, soft sweetness from the blueberry, and the blueberry taste is just where it should be; it’s not too strong (artificial), but it also isn’t weak and under the radar. The black tea base is actually nice and smooth (this may have to do with my low steeping time), and meshes incredibly well with the blueberry taste. It’s more of an earthy black tea than an astringent one.

Overall, this is a nice, simple, flavored black tea. There isn’t anything extra special about it, and it isn’t exactly what I’d call a “wow factor” tea, but it’s exactly what I was expecting and I think Lupicia did well on this one. It’s a nice blueberry tea, and holds up to what I remember the “Blueberry Fields” tasting like. I may order it again in the future.