drank Eight Candles by Della Terra Teas

So, I had posted a review on a mysterious tea sample I had recieved called “Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel”, and suspected it was in fact the same tea as “Eight Candles” by Della Terra Teas. I bought this in order to verify my suspicion. After tasting this, I’ve concluded that this tea is the same as that sample. In order to save me some time, I’m just going to post the tasting notes I wrote for the other sample here:

This tea is really nice. It smells like hot coco w/ marshmallows to me. The taste is also very similar to hot coco, only less chocolate, more caramel. The marshmallow comes through pretty nicely (this from someone who dislikes marshmallow), but doesn’t make it too sweet. It also makes for a slightly creamy cup, which I found rather enjoyable. The sugar candy also adds a little sweetness, but it isn’t like drinking a latte or anything. Just present and pleasant. It’s a smooth cup, with the black tea base just breaking through to give the cup a nice, subdued, black tea taste. As I’ve said in previous reviews, I’m not a fan of strong black teas, so this brew was well received. The tea base is present, but contains no astringency, nor is it overpowering. The tea tastes best once it has cooled a little bit. Overall, I really enjoyed this Holiday brew.

Emily M

Wonder why this has jumped to the top of the tealog??

Comments

Emily M

Wonder why this has jumped to the top of the tealog??

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!