drank White Orchard by Mighty Leaf Tea

This tea smells like peaches and flowers upon opening the tin. I was worried it’d be too floral for me, but once brewed, the floral smell is less intense. The floral taste is also very subtle in this tea. It’s not half bad. The peach comes through, although not in a overtly annoying way. It blends in with the smooth, sweet taste of the white tea. As for melon, I suppose it’s more in the aftertaste than anything. I actually prefer this, as most melon teas have an odd, overpowering flavor that I just don’t like. But the melon in this is nicely balanced. I actually seem to be catching its taste right as I am catching the slight tanin taste (don’t worry, it’s not really bitter/astringent, more of a little spark. It’s a smooth, light, and refreshing cup. Perfect after a long night at work, cuddled in bed with a book. I’m actually surprised at how much I’m digging this tea. It’s only been sitting in my tea basket for a month! Might order this again someday. Maybe in the summer, so I can try it iced!

Here’s a hint to those who are nervous to try this tea or are getting bitter results:
Steep for about 2 minutes rather than the suggested time, and make sure the water temp is on the low side! You don’t want to be brewing this tea with water anywhere near 180-200. I’d aim for low 160’s or mid to high 150’s. Mess with it a little, and you can get some nice results.

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!