Yum. Sample sipdown from Butiki! This one smells absolutely amazing. Dry, it smells like sweet, rich ice cream with a hint of nuttiness/pistachio. I seriously have never wanted to eat tea so bad before.
Once brewed, it smells more like pistachio (grassy, nutty, sweet), with the ice cream (creamy, buttery, sweet) notes in the background. Didn’t add sugar to this one because I can tell I’m not going to need it for my tastes.
Now onto the taste:
Interesting, and in a very good way! The pistachio is the most noticable, with the ice cream notes and creaminess lingering at the end of the sip. The pistachio lends this cuppa a sweet, nutty, and slightly grassy flavor, while the cream balances this out and adds a bit of smoothness/sweetness to the brew. I’ve never had a tea flavored like pistachio before, but this one has to be at the top of the list. The pistachio flavor is really well done (it’s practically like drinking the nut!). The sweetness of the brew isn’t cloying. A really nice flavored tea!