Recieved a sample of this from Stacy at Butiki with a recent order. After her review, I knew I had to try it!
Dry this tea doesn’t smell like much. Once brewed, though, the tea has a pleasant and wonderful aroma. I smell honey and a baked good (croissant?) that’s definately buttery. Almost like waffles, as another reviewer had said. There’s also a little of the black tea present in the smell, adding just a hint of earthiness. Oh boy, does this smell good!
The taste is very much the same. Baked-goodness (buttery and delicious) and a hint of honey. I also get a light caramel sweetness. The earthiness from the black tea compliments these flavors well, and is very nice. Absolutely no astringency in here, which is AWESOME for a black tea. This is one black tea that I wound’t mind having around. =)
Yum! Thumbs way up on this. This may actually have created an appreciation for black tea that I’ve not had before.

Fjellrev

I can’t wait to try this someday!

Emily M

I can’t wait until I can afford to buy more! =)

Bonnie

Next time you have this, warm up a cup with water and pour the water out, then put some tea leaves in the dry cup…and place a saucer or whatever you have on top for a minute. Now take off the lid and smell the leaves up close. That’s when you get the intense smell of waffles and sweetness.
You can try this with any quality tea and enjoy an preview of what’s to come. Tea is more than the taste!

Emily M

Thanks for the tip, Bonnie! That sounds like a great way to enjoy the aroma of teas! =)

Comments

Fjellrev

I can’t wait to try this someday!

Emily M

I can’t wait until I can afford to buy more! =)

Bonnie

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!