drank Genmaicha by Butiki Teas

This is my first Genmaicha, and what a treat it is!
I love how it looks before it’s brewed. It’s got a great contrast between the white popcorn bits, the toasted rise, and the green tea leaves. I love it when a tea can make me happy just by looking at it!

Anyway, the smell of this brew is very toasty and slightly sweet. The toasted rice stands out the most, followed the green tea base and the popcorn. I love that I can smell each ingredient in the tea.

Taste-wise, this is quite nice. Toasty, slightly sweet, and best of all – no astringency! Yay! The green tea base provides a nice earthy tone to the tea, and the taste of the toasted rice and popcorn work very well with it. I love how the taste of the popcorn lingers after the sip! I’m also really digging the green tea base – I sometimes have a problem with green tea being either too grassy or getting bitter quickly. There’s none of that in this cuppa, and that’s the way I like it!
This is perfect on a cold day/night. Warms you right up!

Can’t wait to resteep this one and see how it holds up!